Saturday, August 24, 2013

Getting there...slowly!

Whew! Teachers have been officially back now for two days. Thursday was spent in long meetings so I didn't get anything done in my room, but Friday was a half day work day! When I finally left at nearly 5:00pm I felt a bit better about my room! As I told my colleagues, I think I could spend another month in my room working and still not feel done. I know most teachers feel the same! So here are a few of the pictures I took yesterday after I started to feel better about my room. Please ignore the large piles of stuff everywhere that still need to be sorted out!


This is a view from the back of my room looking toward the front.  I love my circus tent I picked up at Ikea.  I know the students will be thrilled when they get a chance to read in there!


Another view from the back of the room toward the door.  This large bulletin board is going to be my word wall (once I get my letters and words laminated).  


The final pic is looking from the front of the room toward the back.  As you can see, I still have a lot of things to put away!  Not to mention my walls are pretty bare, but I feel much better than I did last week!

Next week is a lot of meetings and a little bit of time to work here and there, so I am going to be cramming as much I can in as little amount of time as possible.  Thursday night is our big Open House where I get to see my returning students who are looping with me and meet the few new ones I may have.  I see lots of organizing, planning and copies in my near future!


2 comments: