Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting back into the swing of things

I cannot believe how quickly my summer vacation went by.  (I know, if you had a dime every time you heard an educator say this!)  I have spent a few half days in my NEW classroom and cannot believe it still isn't anywhere close to being ready!  (In my defense, one of those days I had my 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old "helping" me.)  Moving rooms is serious labor.  It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff I have accumulated over the years and how much the room I am moving into already has in it!  Then there is the furniture.  Why is it that no matter what room I am in there always seems to be an over abundance of random shaped tables, desks, bookshelves.  It takes me forever to figure out how it is supposed to all fit.  They do know that I am supposed to have students in here too, right?

I only have taken two pictures of my room thus far and they are both of my awesome new curtains that my mom made for me.  She whipped these up for me during our annual vacation in Michigan this summer.



I am going with an owl theme this year.  Aren't these guys adorable!?!   I wanted to make sure they weren't too girly and I believe I succeed!  

I promise to add more pictures this week as teachers go back on Thursday and I hopefully will get some more time to work on making my room welcoming.  I have tons of great ideas in my head (thanks Pinterest), and I am hoping to be able to accomplish all of them!

Oh and I made my first visit to Ikea on the way back from Michigan and purchased some ADORABLE things for my room.  I have not put them together and out yet in an attempt to motivate myself.  I am not allowed to do the "fun stuff" until my room is done.  :)  We'll see if I can actually wait!


Here we are in Ikea!  My oldest son, Keagan, and my daughter, Maddie, are enjoying the free ride.  My youngest son, Gavin (who NEVER stops moving), is pushing the cart...you can see his little crocs behind the cart.  Ahh...never a dull moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment